"I'd rather be seen on my bicycle than on a park run" - Quote from the dark side

Tuesday 22 April 2014

Ernst van Dyk - South African Super Star



When Ernst van Dyk won the Boston wheelchair marathon for a record 10th time yesterday I must admit I was a very proud South African. What a super star!

Today I dedicate a post to him as I believe this fantastic athlete doesn't get even a small bit of the glory he deserves. Please take a look at his website.


Also do yourself a favour and search for images of Ernst van Dyk. Awesome!

I am really proud of this man. Well done Ernst, you deserve a lot more praise than what you are getting.


12 comments:

Karien P. said...

I totally agree, Johann - what an amazing athlete! Proudly South African - GO ERNST!!!

KovasP said...

10 time winner - definitely does get the recognition he deserves.

Giorgio said...

That's really a great achievement! South Africans can be proud of him.

One Crazy Penguin said...

What a rock star! I agree that the para-athletes do not get nearly enough attention as what they deserve. Thank you for pointing him out :)

Jill said...

Such athleticism. Hooray for him!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

He was far ahead of the 2nd and 3rd place racers who battled it out for 2nd!

misszippy said...

I was so impressed with him and love what he said at the end, that S. Africa could use some good news--he had your country at heart. The women's winner, Tatyana McFadden, is from right here in my town and goes to my church! Great day.

Char said...

Winning ten times is an incredibly impressive achievement. All of South Africa should be proud of this man.

Detroit Runner(Jeff) said...

So impressive. A real machine!

Robin said...

Truly inspiring!

Unknown said...

Ernst is amazing and a real class act. I was so happy to see him win again on such a special day!

ajh said...

You should be proud.