I am currently training for five big races or five main goals:
- Mont-Aux-Sources 50km Challenge on 10 September.
- Four Peaks Mountain Challenge on 1 October.
- Golden Gate Challenge on 27-30 October.
- Sani Stagger Marathon on 26 November.
- Three Cranes Challenge on 23 – 26 February 2012.
In training for the big five races July and August are my main training months for the year. It also happens that this year July has five weekends. So to stay with the theme of five I decided to run five races in July:
- Northgate 10km on 3 July. I finished this in 58:59.
- 20km Vaal River Trail Race on 10 July.
- Springbok Vasbyt 25km race on 16 July.
- Rustenburg 25.5km mountain race on 30 July.
- Wits Half Marathon on 31 July (my birthday).