"I'd rather be seen on my bicycle than on a park run" - Quote from the dark side

Thursday 31 March 2011

Throwback Thursday for Friends

This week’s throwback Thursday is dedicated to two of my best running friends, Anita & Seugnét. We’ve run many races together over the years and when I looked at this photo from the 2011 Om Die Dam 50km I went searching for some older photos of us running together.


Om_die_Dam_2011-032011 Om Die Dam 50km – this photo inspired today’s post.

1-een
With Seugnét at the Om Die Berg in 1996.

2-twee
Kellogs 32km in 1998. The runner in the middle is Bonny, another friend of ours who also ran Om Die Dam this year.

 3-drie
With Anita in the 1997 Comrades Marathon. Look who’s taking some strain…

4-vier
Nike Marathon Challenge in Pretoria, 1997.

Isn’t it great that after all these years we can still run ultras together? I think it is!


Happy Thursday everyone, keep it going!







20 comments:

Marlene said...

AWESOME that you are still running together after all these years!!

Evolving Through Running said...

Definitely great that you're still running together. Most of my running friends are virtual, and I need to add some outside of the computer. Perhaps I need to spend a little more time in the real world.

tahoegirl said...

Very cool you are all still running together!

Amy said...

That is awesome! and you all look like you are having a great time!

Shawn said...

That is impressive!!!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Your well deserved pukie will be up tomorrow!!!

Jennifer said...

So cool. I hope to have the same kind of pictures in 10 years time!

Heather said...

Great photos, they must bring back good memories! It's awesome that you have those people in your life and that you all share a love of running!!

Laura said...

This is amazing that you guys all run together still...I hope me and my run group are like this!

Giorgio said...

Beautiful photos of you and your friends!
It's marvellous that you and your friends have run together since 1996.

Raina said...

Fabulous that you have a photo record of all of this!
Racing is so much more fun when you can do it with friends! =D

Char said...

I think it's fantastic that you're still running together. Those are friendships built on blood, sweat and tears.

ajh said...

It is completely awesome! What a great feeling it must be to have raced with a friend all this time.

Anonymous said...

That is a wonderful bond you must have all formed through so many miles!

HappyTrails said...

You are quite an inspiration - nice post Johann! Do you have a running count of the number of ultras you have completed?

Molly said...

I think that's fabulous!

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

What an inspiration to us all!! To be doing ultras that long and have your joints in tact!

I love Throwback Thursday Johann--great idea! Have a fantastic weekend!

I always apprecite your comments on BP--thank you!

Lauren said...

These pictures are super. What a treasure!

Black Knight said...

Very nice memories and it is great that you are running again together!

ajh said...

I think the BAA 5K is part of the Boston course. Should be fun!