"I'd rather be seen on my bicycle than on a park run" - Quote from the dark side

Friday 5 February 2010

Weekend Happenings

Friday afternoon and I’m working like crazy. It seems that all the projects I’m busy with developed some crisis during the week and everyone everywhere is trying to get things solved before the weekend starts. I’m not complaining and I’m always happy and grateful that in these tough times I still have more work than I can handle.
There is a silver lining though…its weekend and Sunday I’m running a race! I’m running the Striders 32km (20 miles) in Springs on Sunday morning at 06:00. This will be the 5th time I run this race and I’m really looking forward to it although I’m treating it as a long training run. The pics below are from the 2008 race.



This will be the first of three 30+km runs for February. The next will be Saturday next week (32km) and a 35.5km run on the 28th. That will be my peak training for my marathon on 20 March. Things are really starting to get exciting and before I know it, it will be ultra time! I’ve already entered the Loskop 50km on 17 April but will run a 50k on 28 March as well if the marathon goes well. I’m also planning some long training run for Easter weekend (maybe 100km spread over 3 days???). I’ll keep you posted!

Have a lovely weekend all and happy running!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Johann,
Happy Friday!! I wish you the best of luck for your upcoming race on Sunday:) Have fun and keep smiling!!

Christina said...

Good luck on your race!

ajh said...

Sometime do a longer post on the Comrades. I would like to know more about it. Enloy your 20 miler. That is a long race. I am greatly looking forward to my 4 miler!