"I'd rather be seen on my bicycle than on a park run" - Quote from the dark side

Wednesday 17 December 2014

Final preparations for my 48 hour race


The 10 day and 6 day circuit race runners are still going strong. We've had quite a lot of rain here in Johannesburg the last few days but the track is actually still looking good.




My tent is up and waiting for me to move in...

My home for the weekend.

View to the right,

View to the front.

View to the left.

The orange cones in the photo above is at the medical tent. Not far from my spot...just in case... :)

Medic at our service.

I register tomorrow and will move all my goods into my tent, although I will still sleep at home in my own bed tomorrow evening. Friday 10AM is almost here...

My high level list of goodies is below. The detailed lists are very long. I will rather refer to the items as I use them in my race report.

Mattress
Pillows
Sheet
Blankets
Table
Chairs
Cooler boxes
Pen
Paper
Clipboard
Towels
Non-running clothes
Non-running shoes & flip-flops
Running gear and bags
Toiletries
Toothpaste & brush
Camera
Phone
Laptops
3G
Wallet
Food & drinks
Honey
Gas cylinder
Matches
Kettle
Pot
Pan
Cutlery
Plates, mugs, glasses
Medic kit
Vaseline
Lip-ice
Buffs
Reading glasses
Torches
Headlamp
Paper towels
Bug repellent
Suntan lotion
Hats & caps
Ice

I actually have 4 lists in total.

Happy running everyone!

7 comments:

KovasP said...

How exciting it's almost here - great running to you!

Char said...

I can't even begin to imagine how this weekend will be for you. Good luck and may the force be with you.

coach dion said...

Hope you keep us updated, it's going to be exciting...

In slow motion!

Karien P. said...

Almost time...! Enjoy, Johann!

ajh said...

Your excitement has been oozing out of you. Have a ton of fun!

Robin said...

That's some list! Have a great time and can't wait to hear all about it!

Black Knight said...

Cannot wait of knowing what happened!
I am sure you have done great.