"I'd rather be seen on my bicycle than on a park run" - Quote from the dark side

Friday 29 November 2013

Foot Update & Hail Storms

The cut on my foot healed very nicely. I am running again and the only problem I have is the bone where the cut was that remains sore. It seems that the piece of glass damaged the bone when it fell into my foot. I can still only wear running shoes as any other or harder shoes are still painful. Other than that I am happy with the healing process.

Definitely a slight swelling still visible.

We are having some crazy storms here in Johannesburg and other parts of Gauteng. Floods and very bad hail storms are causing havoc at the moment. It seems it will continue for three more days.

We were lucky to get the "small" hail last night... In some places it was tennis ball sized!


Have a super weekend everyone! Stay safe!

13 comments:

KovasP said...

Good to hear the healing process is moving along - have a great weekend!

Kate Geisen said...

Sure glad you didn't get the big hailstones bc the "little" ones are pretty scary big.

Glad your foot is healing up. I'm
Always annoyed by the little niggles that last for a while after an injury.

Robin said...

Glad the foot getting better. You have pretty good looking feet for someone who runs ultras! Grazy about the hail...

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, that hail is huge. And that was the smaller hail?!?!?

Paul said...

That hail is deadly! TENNIS BALL SIZED? Yoikes!

Did you have your glass impact checked out by a Dr. I wonder if there's a teeny tiny chunk of glass in there.

I had a friend that stepped on some glass and the healing never quite finished up for after a long while..and the problem was just that.

Keep an eye on it...

One Crazy Penguin said...

You call that "small"!?!? Yowza!

Glad to hear that the foot is coming along :)

Raina said...

Getting hit with that size hail would hurt! Hope you had a helmet :) ... Good to hear your foot's improving! Have a great weekend!

ajh said...

That SMALL hail is incredible. Keep healing!

Char said...

We've been having lots of unstable weather too lately. Quite a few storms. Some hail but nothing as impressive as yours.

Michael said...

That's some pretty big hail!

Hope your foot continues to heal. That's a bummer that it is still bothering you.

Black Knight said...

Glad you continue to heal. I am sure that flood and storms will not stop your running!

Karien P. said...

So glad your foot is healing nicely.

I read about the hail storms - yikes! Still very dry here in the FS.

Lindsay said...

Hope your foot is doing better and that the storms didn't do much damage!