"I'd rather be seen on my bicycle than on a park run" - Quote from the dark side

Wednesday 20 November 2013

12 Things About Me

This has been going around on FB and I decided to share it here as well. I was given #12 by AJH from Age Groups Rock for the 12 letters in Johannesburg. So here is 12 things you may or may not know about me:

1 - My wife Anette is my best friend.

2 - I switched from playing rugby to running cross country in St8 (grade 10) because I was too small for rugby and getting injured. I broke my arm in my first cross country race!

3 - I am busy writing a book – no I am not letting out any secrets!

4 - I love nature and animals more than most people can ever understand.

5 - I have run 1278 official races, including 126 marathons and 117 ultra marathons.

6 - On average I buy 4 pairs of running shoes per year.

7 - I love statistics!

8 - Gardening is one of my favorite ways to relax and switch off my mind.

9 - In the 1990’s my resting pulse rate was 34.

10 - Birds and trees play a huge role in why I love nature so much.

11 - I always had dreams of becoming a Vet, Marine Biologist or Game Ranger…Go figure that I would end up in IT…

12 - I love IT!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

I love gardening too.

And I am amused at your desires of being a vet, etc and ending up in IT (I also work in IT) - so different!

Also, I sent a friend request on FB

Robin said...

Awesome!!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Your second one on the list - funny! Writing a book? How fun!

KovasP said...

Almost 1300 races is really remarkable!

misszippy said...

Amazing number of races you have run! And I think it's fantastic that you are so diversified and that you love your career. Well done!

Giorgio said...

Congrats on your respectable number of races!

Char said...

#5 really proves #7.

Can't wait to hear what your book's about.

Jim ... 50after40 said...

My wife is my best friend too. That's a ton of races!!! So, I missed it ... what are your thoughts on animals?

coach dion said...

Stats, I have lots of my own, and some time next year I will get to some important numbers... (but not as big as yours...)

I'm also writing a book, but in 5 years I have only writen 3 lines, I don't think I will finish!

Anonymous said...

Amazing number of marathons and ultras, Johann!

Raina said...

Wow. That's a pretty solid resting heart rate!! Mine has been around 37 recently, but i have never taken it while I was asleep. haha.

I am curious about your book!! Fiction? Non Fiction?

Michael said...

I'm totally intrigued by #3.

And holy smokes that is a crazy amount of races...have you checked...is that some kind of world record??

Jerry Smallwood said...

I had never realised the number of ultras you had completed, those are some serious numbers.

Mark said...

Awesome! I love stats too!!