I did a post about my goals for 2012 some time back and since then things have changed quite a bit. The main reason for this being that I did not get into the Pikes Peak Marathon. This changed a few things…
The main change is that I will not run Comrades this year. I was planning Comrades as part of my Pikes Peak training but that has changed totally. My main goals are now all in the 2nd half of the year. There are still one or two maybe’s as well, but in short my list now looks like this:
- 15 April – SlowMag Half Marathon
- 6 May – Colgate 32km (20 miler)
- 17 June – Gauteng Winter Trail XL 20km
- 7 July – Num Num Trail Challenge 36.5km (main goal)
- 14 July – Springbok Vasbyt 25km
- 29 July – Cape Storm Highveld Challenge 30km
- 18 August – Crazy Store Magaliesberg Challenge 35km
- 8 Sept – Mont-Aux-Sources 50km Challenge (main goal)
- October – Golden Gate 3 Day Challenge (not sure of dates yet)
- 3 November – Kaapse Hoop Marathon
- 24 November – Sani Stagger Marathon (main goal)
- 31 Dec to 01 Jan – Year to Year 24 Hour Circuit Race (main goal)
Although the first half of the year is not too serious the second half certainly makes up for that.
Happy running everyone!