"I'd rather be seen on my bicycle than on a park run" - Quote from the dark side

Wednesday 15 October 2014

Answer to the guessing post...

Work has been crazy but finally I have a chance to answer the question in my previous post. What made the mark on my leg while I was out on my trail run?


The answer is... drumroll...

A spider web!!! Like the one below! Or one very similar anyway...






I have no idea how it got on my leg but somehow it did. It was probably a baboon spider nest. I saw it on my sock and din't really take notice of it until I stopped for a drink. I don't think the spider took a ride with me as well...

I only noticed the mark after my run and must say it was a new one for me.

So no, I did not carry a donut in my sock or run into some aliens or trip over a squirrel. I also don't carry secret boosters in my socks and thank goodness it was not a hoof print!

Thanks for sharing some fun! Happy training!




15 comments:

ajh said...

Ewwww!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Funny! Would have never guessed that!

KovasP said...

Even though they shouldn't, spiders scare me - that's a big web to run through!

coach dion said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
coach dion said...

Good thing he didn't bite you...

Robin said...

Ok that's just creepy!

misszippy said...

And that being S. Africa, I must ask: is that a poisonous spider?

Jill said...

If a spider nest were planted on my leg, I'm sure I'd be traumatized for about 8 years.

I still think aliens would have been a cool answer ;).

One Crazy Penguin said...

Aaand now I have nightmares...

Kate Geisen said...

I'm newly grateful for the thin strands of spiderweb we run/ride into on the trails here!

Char said...

I think I would have preferred some sort of alien device than a spider's web so close to my skin. Even without the spider.

Karien P. said...

Ewwwwwwww, Johann!! Now I'll forever be checking my surrounds like a mad woman to try and avoid all of those...!

Amy said...

Aw man, you just gave me the heebie-jeebies - yuck!

Black Knight said...

Never guessed that. I had something of similar a couple of months ago because a horsefly.

Unknown said...

ewwww. gross!!