I am in the process of preparing for the Golden Gate Challenge, a three day mountain race at the end of the month. I recently received the final race information which includes a list of “what to bring”.
What to bring:
- Headlight for Day 3 (compulsory)
- Bright Waterproof light weight jacket (Compulsory in misty conditions)
- Whistle (compulsory equipment)
- Warm sleeping bag & sheet for the mattress
- Hydration System (Camel Back) (Compulsory equipment for Day 1. No less than 2L)
- Walking poles – recommended (some steep ascents and descents)
- Extra socks – might be a good idea to carry a pair of dry socks in your backpack. There are some river crossing on some of the days and it might be wise to change socks after these.
- Sense of humor :)
Any advice? Have you ever used walking poles?
Thanks and happy running everyone!