"I'd rather be seen on my bicycle than on a park run" - Quote from the dark side

Friday 16 July 2010

Yeah, it's Friday!

After a busy week at work I’m really glad it’s Friday. Do all runners live for the weekends like I do? I’m sure they do!

I’m running the Springbok Vasbyt 25km race tomorrow. Training has been good this week and it looks as if all the cold and stomach symptoms are finally out of my system. I’m ready for a good enjoyable run!
I’ll be taking it easy as this is a very tough race with some monster hills. A quote from the race flyer: “this is an adventure and a challenge. Please be prepared to run/walk half of this race on gravel roads and on very challenging mountain tracks”. That sounds good!

My next long runs and races will all be part of my training for the Mon-Aux-Sources 50km Challenge on 11 September. Easy going will be my motto. Building strength and endurance is now my main focus.

The organizer for tomorrow’s run posted the following on a local running forum:

Final invitation.
On Friday, I will be making chalk lines and hammering in distance boards at the right places. But the race is on Saturday. Our Entrytime entries are impressive.
The SA Irish will send their champion bagpiper; the Police’s trumpet player will sound the last post. We will have the most memorable one minute silence.
The last Puma (helicopter) will do its thing. And somewhere in the back a WWII vintage gun will be lurking. If you recover, the best 10/25 ever will await you. Enjoy it. See you Saturday.

How can I not say yeah it’s Friday!?

Have a wonderful running weekend everyone!

15 comments:

Giorgio said...

I think that you are running the 25 km race tomorrow as part of your training for the 50km on 11 September. Enjoy your running weekend Johann!

Alyssa said...

Eeee, that sounds so cool! HAPPY FRIDAY!! Have a great race tomorrow. :)

xoxo,
A

ajh said...

Have a great race. I assume there will be pictures??

Emz said...

Looking forward to all the photos!! ;) Enjoy it!

Happy Friday!!

The Green Girl said...

Aw, I'm so glad you are feeling better, Johann.

Good luck this weekend!

misszippy said...

Glad you feel better because I think you will need all your strength for this one! Enjoy it.

Jennifer said...

I agree with Kathleen, sounds like you are goig to need every ounce of health for tomorrow! Have fun and be safe!!!

Char said...

Good luck with the run. It sounds like we're going to get some awesome pictures.

KovasP said...

A bagpiper, trumpeter, and WWII guns? Sounds like a great race!

Black Knight said...

I would live for the week-end even if I were not a runner. Good luck on the Springbok Vasbyt 25km and the ... 3 nations.

Rad Runner said...

Have a fabulous weekend! I feel like those of us who get this excited for the weekend are the ones that have the best ones! :)

Chris K said...

Don't forget your camera, I want to see the Bag Pipe guy.

Christina said...

The bagpiper would be fun to see. Hope the run were great.

Colin Hayes said...

I'm happy to hear you're over your cold. I hope you had a good race! After I finish my relay race next week, I'll be doing what you're doing - training for a 50k. Longer, slower miles.

Natalia said...

Sounds like it was going to be a blast! Hope you had a good one!