"I'd rather be seen on my bicycle than on a park run" - Quote from the dark side

Friday 9 October 2009

Motivation

I ran a relaxed 6km run this morning. My upper legs are sending a few messages of taking it easy so I decided to listen. It was a beautiful morning with some loose clouds in the East. The sunrise was spectacular changing from red to pink to gold. As I enjoyed the moment I couldn’t help to think about Bruce Fordyce’s latest article on www.runnersworld.co.za called “Running with music”.

I agree 100% with Bruce on this one. Everything he mentions is exactly my thoughts as well. As I looked at the pink clouds I could hear dozens of birds enjoying the perfect morning. I realized again, this is why I run. This is why it’s easy to get out of bed and onto the road every morning. I felt so motivated and knew then why I don’t need anything else to motivate me. Music would have spoiled that moment.

No comments: