"I'd rather be seen on my bicycle than on a park run" - Quote from the dark side

Friday 22 December 2017

The Power of the Dark Side



I'm not sure if it is only here by us or everywhere that cycling is referred to by runners as the dark side. There has always been some friendly and some not so friendly banter between runners and cyclists. To put it short... I have gone over to the dark side after being on the light side for 34 years!


Now I will feel the power of the dark side. Well, that is the truth, as I experienced yesterday. I visited a local cycling shop and fell straight into the trap of the dark side.

This is my new SPCA cycling jersey.


I walked into the cycling shop and straight to these cycling shorts... on special as well!


I was overpowered and immediately had to have them. It is a perfect match!



In my 34 years on the light side I never bothered about something like that. The power of the dark side is strong indeed...




3 comments:

Kate Geisen said...

Welcome! I've been on the dark side for a nice long time, and I always love your cycling posts.

Giorgio said...

I like the colours of both the jersey and the shorts.

Happy Christmas, Johann!

The Padre said...

Love That Donkey

Cheers