"I'd rather be seen on my bicycle than on a park run" - Quote from the dark side

Sunday 31 December 2017

That's it for 2017

Only a few hours left of 2017! It was a quick year, but also not...


On the cycling front I can at least say I am still cycling. I must admit there were a few times where I thought about not doing this any longer. Having said that, I am making progress.


I did miss my distance goal for the year. So for 2018 my goal is 6500 km again.


I am reasonably happy with the year's cycling, but I will be the first to admit there are many frustrations that face me with the transition from running to cycling. I will do a post about that so lets just say I was an old school, conservative type runner that now find myself in the world of cycling and tight fit and lycra... where's my lose fitting one size too large cotton t-shirt?

On the racing side I have not much loot to show for 2017.


I had incredible bad luck with punctures this year. Four races were not finished due to multiple punctures. I even had my bike serviced prematurely and wheels checked multiple times, but in the end it all seems to have been bad luck.

I felt a bit better about the puncture situation when I saw this post by Louis Meintjies yesterday:


Anyway, that's it for 2017! Have a great New Year everyone. See you in 2018! I will start the year with a post about my thoughts and goals for the year. Happy New Year!!!

1 comment:

Robin said...

All the best for 2018! Glad you are sticking with it. The T-shirt comment made me laugh 😆