"I'd rather be seen on my bicycle than on a park run" - Quote from the dark side

Thursday 9 May 2013

Throwback Thursday - 1998 LongTom Ultra

Last December on our way back from the Sabie X Trail Race we stopped at the famous LongTom Cannon on the LongTom Pass in Mpumalanga. I told the family about the LongTom Ultra Marathon that runs over this very steep mountain pass.

They were a bit skeptical  about my brave story. So I went digging in the old photos and found the proof  that I have run that pass.

LongTom Canon 2012

LongTom Canon 1998

Yep, that's me with a running friend from my club and the cannon in the background.Young, strong and fit!

Happy running everyone!

12 comments:

Robin said...

Awesome!

KovasP said...

An actual use for a race photo - historic proof! :)

misszippy said...

That's great! I have so few photos from back then...fantastic that you took and saved them!

Char said...

You've got such a long and interesting running history. I'm surprised though that they were sceptical. I'd believe that you were capable of any running feat you set your mind to.

Jim ... 50after40 said...

Look at the '98 Super Stud!!! Cool old school photo!

coach dion said...

Back in the day, I have a couple of those...

HappyTrails said...

Nice throwback there Johann - good times! Have a super weekend!

Giorgio said...

Nice picture of you with your friend!

Jerry Smallwood said...

Love the shorts, I have to myself a pair of lightweight ones like that :-) Great memories

Jennifer said...

Love the "old" picture of you! Cheers!

Black Knight said...

You are again young, strong and fit.
Great memories. We - the runners - have many stories to tell.

Kate Geisen said...

Didn't believe in you. Pfft!